WORKing Together is hosting a free workshop for educators and service providers to learn ways to support students with disabilities to transition from school to work.
The workshop will cover:
- Roles of educators, SSAs, students, and family members in transitioning students with disabilities to employment
- Best practices through examples of challenges and success stories
- How to access valuable resources on employment
- What you can do now as an educator or an SSA
- How to support students with transition as a team
- How to create transition plans with multi-agency supports
The workshop is 8 a.m. to noon Tuesday, Aug. 4 at Scarlet Oaks Career Campus, 3254 East Kemper Road. Click here to register.
WORKing Together is a collaborative project of the four southwestern Ohio County Boards of DD, University of Cincinnati UCEDD, and several community provider agencies such as Easter Seals and Goodwill. The group’s aims to improve employment preparation and employment opportunities for youth and adults with developmental disabilities in southwestern Ohio.