Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities recently announced its 2016 Opportunity Awards winners, which recognizes and highlights Ohio companies committed to providing employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
Meijer was named a Champion of Opportunity for its work in the southwest Ohio region, where the company has face-to-face contact with potential applicants and gives them tours of their facilities. This helps to provide quality vocational guidance for every candidate.
Creating Opportunity Award winners in Greater Cincinnati include:
- Brookdale, Mason
- Hayneedle Distribution Center, Monroe
- Koch Foods Inc, Fairfield
- Krispy Kreme, Cincinnati
- Kroger Market Place, Cincinnati
- Mac’s Pizza and Pub, Maineville
- Rodizio Grill, Liberty Township
- Trade Global, West Chester
- Xscape Theaters Northgate Mall, Cincinnati
These awards seek to recognize companies at various levels in the process: from those who have just begun to recruit, hire, and retain individuals with disabilities to those with a proven track record of integrating individuals with disabilities into their work force. See a full list on the OOD website.